7.11.2010

Two Peas In Pod

My girlfriend's kind of cute
We are getting married
As soon as we can look at ourselves in the mirror

I met her in the grocery store
She was stealing meat

I said
I’m a cop
Put it back

I bought the meat for her

We are meant for each other

I wish you could see her smile

I gave her a ride
She asked for my number
She called a couple days later
Asked for a ride to Tucson
I obliged

She conned a guy out of five hundred dollars
Gave me two for my time
We’re a pretty good team
She said

From then on I’d wait in the car
With a cell phone
If she gets in trouble
I barge in
Scare the shit out of the guy

Most of the time they just give her
What she wants

She gives them next to nothing

I quit my job

You don’t need that badge to be tough
She said
We can make so much
You’ll see
Trust me

I do
To a degree
We are
Getting married
As soon as we can look at ourselves in the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment