7.04.2010

2020 II

I never thought I would get this old, (neither did my father and he's pushing 85) yet here I am (if you count the years that haven't happened yet) almost 60, sitting here wondering where the time went with my wife's cat in my lap reading the paper (I hate the cat) but he doesn't care about anyone aside from himself so he won't leave me alone. I used to be like the cat. Now I wish I'd been more generous, with my time at least. The Cubs lost the World Series (of course) on an odd play. If you don't follow baseball closely about five years ago the Commissioner to make the game more interactive, made a rule that if a fan in the stands catches a foul ball the batter is out and in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and two outs a Sox fan did just that and was executed on the spot. An irate horde tore his arms and legs off and beat him on the head with his foot. My wife and daughter were at the game, sitting a section away (my daughter is dating a player) and were appalled. What do you expect? I asked. The world is fucked up, I added. Yesterday a small country was blown up by a car bomb and disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment