7.06.2010

Cleveland

Before we were married my wife and I went to her cousin’s wedding in Cleveland. I don’t like to fly. It’s not that I’m scared, it’s that I know the plane is going to crash. So, unless you have a death wish you wouldn’t get on the plane, right? So off we went into the wild blue beyond to our near and certain demise and if that ain’t love I don’t know what is. We stayed in a motel 6 somewhere just outside the city and watched the Axe Bowl on TV the afternoon of the wedding (it may have been the greatest Axe Bowl of all time if you saw the game you know what I mean and if you didn’t I would have to be Hemmingway to do the game justice so you have to take my word and note that I wouldn’t lie about something that important) while we waited for our rental car to be delivered. The car never arrived (thanks to the football God) so we took a taxi to the airport, rented a SUV, missed the wedding and went to a wine tasting on the way to the reception. We found a table and shared it with an old couple and ate crap food and the bar closed almost as soon as we got there so we left early and scouted a sports bar to watch the Titans on Sunday afternoon, had a drink and went back to our room and killed a bottle of semi-expensive wine watching HBO. We probably fucked or as my wife likes to say made love but maybe we just got drunk and fell asleep. After the game we drove down to Lake Erie and took two rolls of pictures of the exterior of the rock and roll hall of fame, (it was closed) had dinner down town, and I had calamari for the first time and it wasn’t great but I could have eaten plate after plate. The next day on the way to the airport we went back to the rock and roll hall of fame and checked it out for a few hours and I bought a couple T-shirts. On the plane ride home I couldn’t watch Batman because I was too far away from the screen so I read Rolling Stone. I think the trip was a test I aced and now we are happily married with a daughter named Cate.


No comments:

Post a Comment