7.28.2010

A Made Up Story About An Old Girlfriend

The last time I saw Jenifer she was standing next to a bonfire in the desert talking to an old enemy of mine

I killed my beer threw it at a cactus while she and my enemy walked away from the fire into a trailer

Twenty - five years later

I was sitting in a bar

Wondering whether I should switch from beer to whiskey

I haven’t seen you in years she said how have you been

Great I said

Me too

I’m lying I said

She bought me a beer

I was thinking about switching to whiskey I said

Don’t let me stop you

You still look great I said

You aren’t half - bad yourself

I’m immature and that keeps me looking young

I should try that

It wouldn’t work - you can’t fake it – Besides you should keep doing what you’re doing – It’s working great

Thanks – do you want to get out of here

Go where

I don’t care

The last time I saw you – You were with that idiot John

I still am

That sucks

It’s not that bad

I took her to my apartment

This place is a pit she said

I haven't cleaned in a while would you like a beer I asked

She declined and didn't stay long

I drank the beer I offered her and two more while I fell asleep on the couch watching a baseball game

No comments:

Post a Comment