10.20.2010

Noir V

I fixed the window with a piece of plywood I found in a shed.

Who owns the cottage? I asked. My husband's parents. I have to go get some supplies, she said, and left.

At least I got a straight answer, I thought, and found The Maltese Falcon on a bookshelf.

She threw a beer at me. Take a shower. You stink, she said, and picked up the book. Is this any good? She asked.

She pulled open the curtain. Mind if I join you? She asked, stripped, and stepped into the tiny tub. Cozy, she said, and washed my back. Where are we? I asked. Just outside the town I grew up in.

What are we doing here? I asked. Someone owes me some money, she said. How long will this take? I asked. Not long, I hope.

I have a present for you, she said, and tossed me a .357 Magnum. What's this for? I asked. My husband and his whore might show up any minute.

Thanks. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment