10.28.2010

A Good Night

Laying on her bed eating
Corn dogs
Hamburgers
French fries
And ice cream bars
Watching a movie
Sean Penn made
About a Bruce Springsteen song.

(Viggo Mortensen gets out of the army and doesn't want a job. He wants to drink and lay around in a motel with his girlfriend. David Morse, his brother, is frustrated but knows that if a man turns his back on his family well he just ain't no good so he tries to help but there's no helping some people.)

A great song is cinematic, I say.
What? She asks.
A great song is cinematic, I repeat.

She says something
I half hear.

I say,
I love you baby.

And I do
And I always will

No matter what goes down.

She gives me
A pain killer
She lifted
Off the man
She lives with.

I fall asleep
And let her finish the movie solo.

I know how it ends.

I've heard the song a hundred times.

No comments:

Post a Comment