10.17.2010

Noir II

I pulled some cash out of my sock, paid my tab, retraced my steps and found her standing under a street lamp smoking a cigarette. Where did you go? She asked. What did you do to me? I said.

If you're going to be paranoid this relationship will never work, she said. According to the bartender you don't exist, I said. She laughed. She's a jealous bitch. Let's go to my room I have something I want to show you.

She led. I followed. Look at this, she said.

I woke up on the floor beside an empty bottle of tequila, half a pack of cigarettes and a brick. I rubbed my burning head, lit a smoke and yelled, where are you? She didn't answer. I walked outside.

The sun was in the process of coming up over a mountain that suddenly appeared on the horizon. I walked to the street and tried to remember which direction I came from.

1 comment: