5.16.2010

Bolt Head

I was listening to NPR on my way to work and heard a review of a compact disc by the Plimsoul’s, recorded live at the Whiskey A Go Go and it reminded me of seeing Peter Case open for Jackson Browne at Compton Terrace in the late eighties with my brother and his girlfriend.
On the way to the concert my brother pissed his girlfriend off.
I don’t remember what he did, but it didn’t take much and she told us she was going to drop us on a freeway exit and you guys can hitchhike, she said, for all I care.
My brother talked her into sticking to the original plan and we sat on the grass in relative peace (their fights were sometimes never ending) and probably smoked some and Jackson Browne was pretty good, Peter Case was better.
I bought his tape a couple days later and I don't remember the name but it was excellent and I bought the Plimsoul’s album Everywhere At Once and loved the song A Million Miles Away but the rest of the record was only OK.
My brother finally dumped his girlfriend, finished college, married a teacher and when they fight, she doesn’t threaten to drop him on freeway exits twenty miles from home and five miles from where he’s going.

1 comment:

  1. there is oh so much I could say about this none of which would be good so I'll choose not too.
    nice story though that was fun.

    ReplyDelete