5.05.2010

Cate's First Spanking

Penny was in the shed doing laundry. I was laying on the couch, thinking about how hard it is to post a poem a day on the internet. Our daughter Cate opened the door. She wanted to go outside and meet up with her mother. I told her to stay put and that her mother would be back in a minute. She stood by the door, watching me, like a dog, waiting for me to lose interest. She eased herself out and by the time Penny returned she was halfway to the shed. Cate needs a timeout, I said. Did she go outside without permission? My wife asked. She sure did, I said. Maybe she should get one spanking for each year she’s old, Penny said. I agreed. Penny told Cate to take a timeout or she would get a spanking. Cate chose the spanking because she had never had one. I gave her three hard ones and she cried like I broke her arm. One would have been enough and I hope I never have to give her another one. I am not old school or new age or claim to know that much about anything, but I do know that pain is cheap and she will be able to find it easy enough, without me dishing it out like macaroni and cheese.

1 comment: