1.26.2010

Ramblin' Man

A man can be a dog
A dog can not be a man
That’s evolution
Nothing Jesus Fucking Christ
Can do about that
Anyway that’s how I can be a dog
And talk to you
Like I am

A cab is as good as any place to meet girls
Trust me or don’t
I’ve met my share
Drunk
Pretty
Vulnerable
Talkative stupid girls
Like the Stones song
Nonetheless I have to be careful
If they aren’t untraceable
I just drive them home
But sometimes
One walks out of a bar
Stumbles
As I slide by
Asks how much
Free I say
Her smile
Lights up a burnt out street lamp

My favorite though
Just walked up to my cave
On the Wisconsin River
Knocked on my door
It was cold
I had a fire going
You might wonder
What she was doing out there
Well I don’t know
Or care
Maybe she was a ghost
It doesn’t mater
I guess she was lost
She isn’t lost anymore

2 comments: