1.23.2010

Israel

My mother told me not to go to Israel.

We needed the money.
For heat. My little sister’s heart fibrillates.
I can’t do anything about that, but she can be warm.
They only bring Russians to Israel to do jobs that Arabs won’t do.
Dirty jobs. I work in a bar in Tel Aviv.
My friend Nina will do anything for money.
So when someone asks me to do something disgusting
Like masturbate on my face, I send them to her.
She had a nervous breakdown last week.
Men in the Middle East are primitive and stupid.
They treat women like dogs. Worse than dogs.
I hope the Jews and Arabs kill each other. Until no one’s left.
In three months I will get my passport back.
I will take my American money home. To the Ukraine.
I will meet a nice boy and have a family. Forget I ever came here.
I met a Jewish boy at work.
He came back another night and told me that he thinks about me all the time.
I Said, no you don’t. Why would you do that? He gave me a present.
“A lighter for your cigarettes,” he said. I didn’t want his present.
“Thank you,” I said, and put it back in it’s box. He looked sad and confused.
I smiled, “come on,” I said. I took him in the back and jerked him off.
It took five strokes. He was sweet. But I am not sweet anymore.
If I ever was. I can not remember.
The Jewish boy worked for my friend Mike in his bar in Jerusalem.
Mike is an ex American soldier. He fought In the Gulf War.
I think he misses it.
Mike lets me stay in his apartment with the Jewish boy who says he loves me all the time.
I was high on opium and dropped a bottle of wine.
The bottle shattered on Mike’s beautiful wood floor.
The Jewish boy cleaned it up and carried me to bed.
He set me down and said, “you shouldn’t drink so much.”
“Yes I should,” I said and closed my eyes.
“What’s it like in Russia?” The Jewish boy asked.
“You wouldn’t like it.

Unless you like waiting in a long line for no bread.”

(Based on the movie Holy Land)

No comments:

Post a Comment