1.30.2010

Country Western

i was waiting for nancy
holed up in my brother in law jack’s trailer in barstow
she was in phoenix scoring drugs
i had a plan that if properly executed
could secure for us enough money
to hide out like nobles in mexico
for the rest of our lives
it was risky but worth the stretch
i met nancy in tucson a year before i was imprisoned
for selling methamphetamine to a narc
i was bar tending
she was the prettiest barfly that ever fell for me
for awhile we lived like the king and queen of the cesspool and it was fun but the state of nevada put a stop to it
i hold no grudge
they were supposed to be looking for guys like me to punish
anyway i broke out and nancy dumped me here
she doesn’t want me anywhere near the kind of people i’d run into in Phoenix
she’s all for my profession she just thinks i should do it right
i didn’t want to go anyway that town always kicks the shit out of me and i’d just as soon never set foot there again
the problem was six dollars five dimes of crack three volumes and
trying to decide the best order to ingest them and get the biggest bang
that was all that nancy had on her when she picked me up
it takes pretty long to drive from barstow to phoenix and back and she’ll probably spend a night at my sister's house

someone knocked on the door
i ignored it for awhile but the knocking didn’t stop
So i opened the door
is jack here a weird looking little dude asked
no i said
where is he the guy asked
i don’t know
don’t lie to me
fuck you
that prick owes me ten dollars
as i just said he isn’t here
you have any money
no i don’t
bullshit i bet you have money and that prick jack is in there partying like there’s no tomorrow
yeah you’re either going to leave or i’m going to kick your ass
in your dreams dick head tell jack he’s a faggot
i shut the door and stood by the window and watched him slowly walk down a dirt road until he disappeared around a bend
it won’t matter what order i go through this shit won’t be near enough
i thought and laughed

No comments:

Post a Comment