12.04.2010

One Thousand Years From Now

I used to be a prostitute by prostitute I mean I sold real estate in Phoenix during the boom (when money grew on trees and by growing on trees I mean falling from the sky like a flock of birds during a red rain storm by red rain I mean like the great Peter Gabriel song) that left the whole country broke when I was married and by married I mean shacked up with a girl I met in the Fly Me To The Moon Saloon while I was playing a one string fiddle in a Delta blues band when she kicked me out I joined the Army by Army I mean Army unfortunately and when the Army kicked me out I became a pilot by pilot I mean I delivered pizzas while I was flunking out of college I was in rehab and by rehab I mean a self imposed exile from my drug doin' and bar flyin' friends I mostly kept to myself and read a lot of books about ex - presidents and those books inspired me to vote for the lesser of two evils by lesser of two evils I mean John Kerry the truest test of this shit (by shit I mean this poem and a couple hundred more) will be can it travel by travel I mean through generations and will it make sense and resonate that's a long shot by long shot I mean a million to one

No comments:

Post a Comment