12.10.2010

Ramblin' Gamblin' Me

I was swimming in the river when the wind blew by
A sweet sad love song I could see it in her eyes
She didn't want me anymore she was trying not to cry
She smelled better than ever the day she said goodbye

I got into my old car and drove as far as she went
Ran out of gas just outside Juarez
I walked across the bridge sat down in a bar
I fell in love with a whore she has a golden heart

We sang folk songs in her grandfather's backyard
Her mother cooked dinner her brother picked guitar
It rained every night the river overflowed
I got a letter yesterday that said I forgive you

So leave me alone I have myself a wife
That treats me like a king if I treat her kind of nice
You drove me crazy until I drove away
So leave me alone I'm down here to stay

1 comment: