9.10.2010

The Water Inside The Water Is Cold

An angry red curtain
vibrated
back and forth.

“What's wrong with you?”
She asked and tossed an empty
can of beer into a plastic garbage can.

The curtain
scared me.
“Get me a beer.” I said.

“Get it yourself and while you’re up grab me one. ”
I did just that.
What else was I supposed to do?

“Did you get the mail?”
I did not.
“There was none.” I said.

It was snowing
and the wind was blowing
hard.

I didn’t want to go outside.
“It’s pretty cold
out there." I said.

“Do you think the car will start?”
“I doubt it.”
“Go and warm it up.”

“I said it wouldn’t start.”
“So it probably will.”
She smiled.

“In a minute.”
“I don’t have all day.”
But she did.

“The roads will be pretty bad.”
I said.
“You’re such a little girl.”

“What’s wrong with the curtain?”
I asked.
“What do you mean?”

“Nothing. I’ll tend to the car,
where are the keys?”
“You had them last.” She said.

No comments:

Post a Comment