2.08.2010

The Point Of Pointlessness

I spend most Sundays at my brother's house
Watching football games
After the game
We play golf
Sometimes we take his dog
To the lake
That runs
Through the tract house subdivision

Throw back fish we catch

My brother is always telling me about essays he's read
About Tasmanian Tigers or
Sailing across the Pacific Ocean in a canoe
He gives me books and magazines to take home

I read about Song Dogs in a rock and roll magazine
Song Dogs live in Alaska
At night they gather on the outskirts of towns
Howl at the moon
It's a pretty cool cliche

A great name for a compact disk

My brother put a fish hook through his lip
To see how it felt

Charles Bukowski called Love A
Dog From Hell

Maybe that's why
Song Dogs
Play the blues
At two in the morning
Outside Barrow
My brother says

I can't feel my toes

No comments:

Post a Comment