2.23.2010

The Barracks

I landed hard beside a river rolled up my chute walked into the woods took a piss picked up my chute and walked across the drop zone to the buses dropped my chute in a pile of parachutes got on the bus and waited

The bus took us to the airfield I grabbed my duffel bag and walked up a hill to the barracks I put my stuff away went down the hall to Brown's room he was drinking a beer listening to Kiss Lick It Up in his underwear

Brown needed six dollars of quarters to get a twelve pack from the beer machine in the day room he was thirteen quarters short I went back to my room and came back with six
Thanks Brown said Hey how was Texas
Cold man

I went to my room took a nap Norman woke me up we had supper in the mess hall
How was Texas Norman asked
Cold
I had two cheese burgers french fries a piece of cake a glass of milk lit a cigarette and went upstairs to go look for a ride to Linda's

Linda wasn't home and this was before mobile phones so I sat on her porch until dawn and hitchhiked back to the barracks

No comments:

Post a Comment