2.21.2010

Between Wars

I was in Texas packing parachutes for ranger school and
Went to a bar in El Paso with some ranger instructors
After a few beers and a couple shots
An E7 flipped out and
Called a waitress a
VC
Gook
Bitch
I thought she was cute

I saw her standing in the door of a dive motel
While we calmed the Sergeant down in the Parking lot
They’re Korean - someone said - they can’t be VC Sarge
That’s what they want you to think
The crazy sergeant said

She could have been black
Mexican or white
I couldn’t tell or care
I walked across the street
Hey baby
She said
How's it going
Pretty good I replied
Good baby do you want a date
That’s an odd way to put it
I thought

Well
She said and smiled
She looked kind of like Tina Turner
Yeah sure
Come in
I did
She closed the door
A pregnant girl was sitting on the toilet
You get to pick
She said
What's your name
I asked
Angel - honey

I ran into the rangers
In the parking lot
Fifteen minutes later
Trying to talk a girl
Into giving them all blow jobs
For seventeen dollars

I went back to the bar
Had a beer
And took a cab to the barracks
I had a hundred-fifty parachutes to pack

No comments:

Post a Comment