5.12.2013

Rolling Thunder II

are you sure you're in the right room? clara asked
I bet this room was nice about a hundred years ago I thought
I think so judy said I'm not sure she added and glanced at a slip of paper and smiled
well clara said and looked at me
her eye's a burning like street lamps in a desert city on some border between love and whats left of it
a rooms just a room I said
you're a coward and an idiot clara said
I agree judy said
I picked up a guitar and plucked a melody I wrote for one of them a decade and a half ago or so
is that my song judy asked
if looks could kill judy and I would have died in that room that night but they don't
maybe I said maybe not I added it's just a song I stated
and you are a complete and total asshole clara said
true that I thought and turned my head toward a window and watched the sun climb over a palm tree and picked up the tempo
it's the song you played at our wedding clara said
I think you're right I said
judy laughed and picked a rose out of a vase and left the room
I'll see you latter I said
this must be hard on you I said to the one that left and the one that stayed
I have what I want or need I thought or do I?
clara walked across the room picked up the vase and dropped it on the floor
the blues are knocking on my door
I sang
I don't want to let them in anymore
but I can't keep the blues away
these days
I'm going to bed clara said
I think you're wrong about the song I said
you just changed the words clara said the songs the same she added
yeah maybe I said and set the guitar down and walked into the hall 
judy was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall
what took you so long jack she asked

No comments:

Post a Comment