5.31.2013

Anderson's Fifth Estate

tom
was drunker
than a fiddler's bitch
he yelled
kill em' all
kill em' all
while a fat
balding
high school dropout
recovering junkie
master songwriter
lectured the bar
about the evils of capital punishment
from a bully pulpit
I ain't healthy enough yet to think like that
the singer said
I laughed
danny whisked tom out of the bar
the ex junkie pointed at me and said
I got a microphone and you don't
and that was true
and what the hell could I say
shut the fuck up?
leave me alone?
sing your songs dude?
you got the wrong guy?
I kind of agree with you?
I left the bar and listened to the rest of the show on the patio
cause it wasn't my place to make a scene
tom never forgave him
for what? I'm not sure
I don't hold grudges
and still buy his cds
cause they are always good and often great
and would like to see him again
but he never comes around
I guess we showed him



No comments:

Post a Comment