4.06.2013

Rolling Thunder

she said you're going to get it right away or you aren't going to
I said cool shoot
and she shot

I won't bore you with the details
I couldn't even if I wanted to
I wasn't really listening

I said I think I get it
she said you're not even close
I asked what do you want from me
she said your total concentration
I said that's kind of unreasonable

she laughed and tossed a book at me read this she said
I caught it looked at the cover and title and said what's it about
she said you'll tell me when you're ready
I don't want to read this fucking book I thought and set it on a table and said I may never
she said I know but you have to remember the end is just the beginning and not as important as the journey
I said oh it's like a quest
she said not exactly and picked up a violin

I turned on a tape recorder
she said I'm more of a magician then a musician
I lit a cigarette
are you ready she asked
as I'll ever be I thought but I wasn't and she knew it
I said yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment