4.28.2012

Capitalism Run Amok

the price was high
free would have been too much
I paid our shares
we went inside
put on three-d glasses
and watched something happen
I'm not sure what
I asked you
you shrugged
I don't like to judge
but what the fuck

the price was high
as was I
on my birthday
we bet on the dogs
won a couple hundred bucks
went to a bar
and drank until I couldn't walk

the price was high
the band sucked
a pretty girl told me
to fuck myself
when I asked her
for a light

capitalism run amok

people often say how hard you have to work to get to the top

I'm saying you have to work pretty hard to maintain your station on the bottom

and you probably won't even get a vacation

a pat on the back for a job well done or a fare thee well when they show you the door

No comments:

Post a Comment