4.09.2012

Across The Street

a chicken yells cock a doodle do or some such nonsense i'm tryng to recall a golf shot i should have hit a long time ago into the wind in reference to a book i'm writing in my head
breaking eighty how not to act while you learn how to play golf and it's more about what happened after i failed to execute my flawed plan i broke my four iron over my knee walked off the course and waited for my brother in the bar and as crazy as this sounds it was the right thing to do you have to punish yourself to break eighty if you don't practice enough

i don't punish myself enough anymore i think while i wait for something good to happen the chicken drags a pretty girl into a cab i wonder if i should intervene is it or is it not my business the cab driver seems okay with it i hear dance music from the bar and wish i couldn't a tree behind the bar takes off like a rocket and flies away i could listen to a kris kristofferson cd but i'm trying to concentrate on this poem i smell bad tacos a busboy is smoking in the parking lot and that reminds me to get off my ass and light one a man opens the bar door walks into the parking lot looks around and goes back inside in fifteen minutes i will be out of here and it won't matter a tinker damn one way or another what happens to any of us

No comments:

Post a Comment