8.04.2011

Rod Stewart

Last night
Bob Dylan
sang
Tangled Up In Blue
and I thought
man
you have to
sing songs
for fifty years
to pull this off.
My brother said
this might be
the worst version
I've ever heard
but it sounds
cool as shit.
Penny smiled
and said
it's scat rap.
I just made that up,
she added.
I was
kind of sad.

I thought
I'm never going
to hear it
sung like that again.
If I could
I would
play it
over and over
again and again
'cause that's
the way I am.
I learned
from my dad.
He listened
to Every Picture
Tells A Story
all night
while
he played gin
with his
friend
Nick Monda.
They made
a bet.
Who could
hold out
the longest.
They thought
it was
a perfect record
and it probably is
Rod's masterpiece
and he made
a shitload
of great records
in the seventies.

No comments:

Post a Comment