7.06.2011

Mekons

I was shouting

There are eighteen wheelers on my front lawn
The truckers love my ma' but they don't stay long
One might be my pa' but I don't know
Oh no Dotsero I'd leave you but I love you Dotsero

and banging on an old beat up acoustic guitar.

Tom was playing a fake black telecaster (he was the only one plugged in). We saw X in an alley about a week before so he thought he was Billy Zoom. Someone yelled turn your fucking amp down! Tom stopped playing and said, I'm the only one here that knows what he's doing.

Lee was a decent singer but he didn't know the words to the song.
Danny had never played the drums but he had rhythm so he got the job. I told him to keep it simple.
Brown Deer was turning the tape recorder on and off.
We have to communicate, I said.
What? someone yelled.
Turn that Goddamn amp down, I said to Tom. He turned it up to nine.
Danny tried a drum roll.
This is pointless, Brown Deer said, and lit a joint.
I put my guitar down. Give me that, I said.
Let's try a different song, Tom said.
Lee knew one verse to I Walk The Line so we tried that until we ran out of coke.
Someone said, we should get some more, and that was a good idea but we were broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment