11.25.2010

Excuses

If I were making excuses I would tell you that I've been drinking too much for years and when I met your mother I was married with a family and she pursued me. I would also tell you that I used to come and see you when you were a little girl until your aunt made it uncomfortable for me to be around. I sent you birthday and Christmas presents for years until I was told that you weren't receiving them and to please stop sending them. I should have kept trying and that's on me. Truth be told I've made too many mistakes to count and they all don't involve you. I wasn't that great a father to the kids that grew up with me. I think it's important for you to know that you have a brother and a sister. They don't know about you but if they did I would think that they would like to meet you. I know that this is all a lot to consider and I wouldn't blame you if you told me to go to hell but I can help you if you need help and I would like to if you'll let me. I know this is all a day late and a million dollars short but I am what I am and it would be foolish of you not to use me. There are things I can do for you and you can hate me anyway. I will understand and I have always and will always love you for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment