6.27.2012

A Long Way Doesn't Have To Be That Far

drunk
on a bright moon
that illuminates
all sorts of shit
I am trying not to see
and maybe a little too much whiskey
and a few beers I shouldn't have added to the mix
I smoke a roach
to calm me down
it makes me have to puke
which I do
in a ditch
a car pulls up
a girl rolls down a window and says I haven't seen you in years
she has red hair and a pretty nice ass
and we said things a long time ago
that didn't sit well
if I remember correctly
I don't feel so hot I say
hop in I'll give you a ride she says
and that seems like a pretty good deal
how you been I ask as I get in the car
very well she says how are you
I was doing pretty good until about five minutes ago I say I think the moon is too bright and that makes everything too clear and fuzzy at the same time if that makes any sense I add and take a deep breath you remember where I live I ask
yes I do she says
in less then a minute 
remarkably
we arrive at my door
it would have taken me forever to get here I say
I saved you five minutes she says
and maybe my life I say
feel better she says
you aren't coming in I ask
she laughs maybe some other time she says and drives away
I hope so I think while I look for my keys
they are harder to find then they should be
I'd been holding them in my right hand since I lit the roach
and that further confuses me
she has a nice smile I think and wonder if I have to go to work in the morning
I think
I do
I think

No comments:

Post a Comment