6.16.2012

James Gang

Here's a little something I wrote in my living room and finished in the cab
while I read about a singer named Keven Kinny on the internet
and started a book about the album Grace by Jeff Buckley
and listened to the CD Electroretard by the Melvins for six hours

I threw my money in the river cause it wasn't enough
I chased her down a dirt road and then I got lost
a cop said boy you're in over your head
I said no shit could you give me a lift
he gracelessly did to the jail on third street

but if you're going to pass judgment
you should know some of the whole story

the moon turned purple when the sun went down
I called her name she was nowhere to be found
so I stole her car
hit the bar running
a girl walked up to me and asked for a hundred dollar bill
I gave her a ten
she smiled at me
a couple hours later we were dancing to Hank Williams
Your Cheating Heart
Patsy Cline sealed the deal

the moral of this story is it wasn't my fault

and you can lock me in your jail
and throw away the key
I can sit here for years
wait and see

I threw my money in the river cause it wasn't enough
I threw my money in the river cause it wasn't enough
I threw my money in the river cause it wasn't enough

Johnny Guitar Watson and Leonard Cohen and the Drive By Truckers and the Golden Palominos deserve some of the blame
and of course Bob Dylan
and truth be told the Melvins CD was Houdini and I listened to it for four hours
and I shouldn't blame anyone but myself
and the James Gang have little or nothing to do with this tome
but they are one of the hundred best rock and roll bands of all time
thank you for your's

No comments:

Post a Comment