5.18.2011

Giant Sand

I saw Giant Sand in the Mason Jar
(a gay bar now,
when I told Tom it's a gay bar
he laughed and said
it always was)
with Danny.
I yelled Barrio
and they stated to play it
and forgot the words
and said we can't play it.

I read about Giant Sand
in the music section of New Times
about twenty years ago.
I buy their records
when I can find them.
They are hard to find
like perfect sea shells
or good poems in the New Yorker.

The other day I was listening to
Ballad Of A Thin Line Man
when Penny came home from school.
I could tell she didn't like it
so I turned it way down
and then off.
Giant Sand needs to be played loud.
Giant Sand is not for everyone.
Something exceptional rarely is.

1 comment:

  1. I know a guy wrote a song w/ the following line...

    "tonight he's taking her to a rock and roll show down at that little bar where all the crazy people go."

    the roar of the masses must be farts.

    is there any better place to see a hot band than a dive bar?
    which makes me miss nita's hideaway.

    so are the golden palominos the benchmark? that pretty much means anyone can get in.

    ReplyDelete