1.07.2011

Whatever It Takes

When you
Turned
On me
At four thirty
This morning.
I felt more
Alone
Then if
You were
Already gone.



What’s
Worth looking at
Is her ass
Swaying gently
To the sound
Of lousy music
Playing in the
Background.



Four o’clock in the afternoon
I’m going to bed

My baby’s in Chicago
I’m in the desert
Listening to Muddy Waters
Crawlin’ down a foothill

A snake in my backyard
Two coyotes hanging on a tree

My daddy’s a great man
Just like me

Might climb a little mountain
Might rob a bank
Might look for a job
Might catch that rattlesnake


Too many jerk offs sitting at the bar
Not enough humanity hanging around this war zone
Too much long division
Not enough simple addition in your tone of voice while we sit around drinking wine and discussing our future
Too many rivers to cross
Not enough light to get it done before dark
Too much
Not enough
What the fuck
Am I supposed to do
Too many trees
Not enough sun pouring through



I howled
Like a wounded dog
At the invisible moon
I came home wet
You made me
A bacon sandwich
And said
Baby you have to
Stop beating yourself up



It has been a long hard road through rain and snow and wind. I haven't given up and that's something I guess.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for listening, especially pkbj and mgj for contributing. I'll be back when I figure what's next.

    ReplyDelete