1.01.2011

Reprise

You’re talking like a man with a paper asshole - my father said.
I handed him a beer.
We were driving down Wisconsin Avenue.
I was on leave.
If you can’t make it in the Army you can’t make it anywhere - my father said.

Playing country music is easier than fucking a black girl - my father said, sat at my keyboard and played Tonight I Started Loving You Again.
I can play this shit with a broken arm drunk on my ass, good thing too, he added and laughed.

Some of the best dope in the world resides in Nashville - My father said and poured scotch in a glass.
So you’re moving there - I asked.
Have to, I need a job.

My father visited me in jail once.
You’re a fucking idiot - he said and smiled - how’s your mother?
What do you care - I asked.
I still care about your mother - he said.
Well she doesn't care about you anymore. I don’t know why she ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment