8.21.2010

One Act Poem

We were sitting beside a wide deep hole drinking beer while the sun slipped behind Daisy Mountain.
What's the hole for? I asked.
I don't know but it ate my dog, Jack said.
Your dog fell in the hole?
No, she was too smart to fall in.
Something in the hole ate her?
Yeah you could say that. I think it's prehistoric.
Why's that?
Just a hunch. I found some bones about a hundred yards north of here.
What kind of bones?
I'm not sure.
So why do you think something prehistoric lives down there?
I've seen shit that would blow your mind.
Like what?
The fucker kidnapped my ex while we were eating mushrooms about a year ago. It was like King Kong or Beauty and the Beast.
No shit.
No shit.
Did you call the cops?
I hate cops.
I would think they would want to know what happened to her.
They do. Her fucking mother told me she won't rest until I'm in jail for the rest of my life. I told her what happened but the cunt doesn't believe a word I say. She never trusted me.
I gotta hit the road. My wife thinks I'm at work.
Jack laughed, thanks for the beer. Hey man don't tell anyone what I just told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment