8.25.2010

Big Scotty

My old drug dealer Scotty weighed four hundred pounds and had the meanest dog in the world. The dog hated my guts and growled and snapped at me when Scotty wasn't looking.

Scotty was always late and told stupid jokes and funny stories. He had a daughter in high school so he couldn't meet at his house so I would meet him at his office.

Sometimes I would wait for days that seemed like minutes listening to Ol' Waylon.

The sun would drop or rise I forget more and more as the days pass by like a train from somewhere I've never been.

Scotty flipped an ATV and a quack put him in a coma.

I waited and hoped that he would wake up.

He never did and I’m never going to get over it.

I loved that guy for all the wrong reasons.

He was my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment