11.29.2014

My Girls

for most of my life
love was fiction
intellectual
never emotional
seen
never felt
longed for
never dreamt
maybe it was just safer
to feel sorry for myself
instead of jumping in
I never really liked to swim

but then

my dad met a mountain girl
in a bar
he introduced me to her in another bar
I took her to another bar
she ordered a dark beer
we talked
I don't remember about what
she doesn't care for nonsense
that's my stock
I must have talked about something semi-substantial
cause she wanted to see me again
a semi-miracle
a couple nights later she was pregnant
thankfully it didn't take
because a couple months later
we made a desert girl
she's a circle
always playful
not an old soul
like her dad
a real kid
her mother loves her so much
I think it scares her
I'm scared too
but now I trust luck
too good to be true
but true it is

No comments:

Post a Comment