3.22.2012

Crazy Wind

Chasing a feeling
Through the city
Caught at a railroad crossing
Train going about two miles an hour
Grabbed a book out of a bag
Smoked a couple cigarettes
Train stopped
Started
Going backwards
Feeling was getting away
Ambling down Seventh Avenue
Looking for a
Crack
Street
Vendor
Got out of the car
Walked around the train
By that time the feeling was long gone
That's not such a bad thing
About a block from my driveway
Caught a whiff of something strange
Spun around
Started looking again

Walked past the guy playing electric guitar
With his hat on the sidewalk
In front of a record store
A black dude was selling poems
Gave him a dollar
He handed me a poem on a green sheet of paper
Signed William Wonderful

The moonlight fades like a light switch dimmer I take you home down a back road past the lake we stop and share a cigarette under a tree you smile and say I wish this crazy wind would just blow me away to where I ask anywhere but here you say away from me I think you take my hand and we watch a bird fight a snake while the sun rises over the lake you squeeze my hand and say don't be sad but that's unrealistic

No comments:

Post a Comment