6.27.2011

Husker Du

I was sitting in a small filthy room
an ugly dude with bad breath was asking me questions
I wouldn't have answered if I knew the answers
a cat was sleeping in the corner
in another room I heard people cheering and moaning
after I didn't respond to about ten of the questions
he and the cat left

a tape played the same song for an hour
I guess
I didn't have a watch
the song was fast and turned way up
I enjoyed it for awhile
after the tape ended the ugly dude and a bigger dude came into the room
they kicked my ass for twenty minutes
and threw me in a dark closet
I sat there
and thought about
my daughter
baseball
my wife's fried eggs and hash (I could almost but not quite smell it when I closed my black eyes)
and killing that mean little mother fucker if I ever get the chance
a couple days later they let me go
I suppose they realized I wasn't the guy they thought I was
and it was easier to let me go then kill me.

1 comment:

  1. y'know, hunh.

    I just read bob mould's autobiography and he sai that while he was playing w/ the huskers on stage he thought that he was part of the best rock band out there and that may be a key especially since sometimes he may have been right.

    there will never be another husker du. that's kinda saddening. to me at least.

    no one kicks it like the huskers.

    do you remember makes no sense at all.
    that's cryptic code speak - it's on yer ipod dude.

    ReplyDelete